About Disciple Heritage Fellowship
Disciple Heritage Fellowship is made up of congregations and individuals who claim the ideals of the Campbell-Stone movement. Thomas and Alexander Campbell, Barton W. Stone and others established a movement in the early part of the 19th century dedicated to these basic principles:
- Jesus Christ, as revealed in Scripture, is the only Savior of the world. Apart from Him there is no salvation.
- The Bible is the church’s highest authority in all matters of doctrine and conduct. It is a book inspired of God and is therefore as truthful as is God Himself.
- The primary goal of the church is to evangelize the world, winning the lost to saving faith in Jesus Christ.
- In order to fulfill its purpose, the church must be united around a common faith in Jesus Christ as He is revealed in Scripture.
- Local churches are free and autonomous from any church hierarchy beyond the local elders and leaders, but are under obligation to organize the church around New Testament teachings and practices.